The primary purpose of the Access to Learning Fund is to relieve financial hardship that might impact on a student’s participation in higher education.
Full-time and part-time students from the UK are eligible to apply.
Undergraduate students must have applied for their full student loan entitlement or other statutory funding and received the first payment before applying to the Access to Learning Fund. You can also apply if you have suspended your studies due to health reasons or caring responsibilities or you are repeating your course without attendance.
Postgraduate students must be able to show that they have made realistic provision at the start of the course to fund both tuition fees and living costs.
Application forms are available from Student Support Services reception or on request by contacting the Financial Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the application form has been completed and the relevant evidence gathered, an appointment will be needed with a Money Adviser.
More information on the Access to Learning Fund can be found at www.liv.ac.uk/studentsupport/finance/alf.
As well as administering the Access to Learning Fund the Financial Support Team provides the following services:
- liaising with funding bodies, such as Student Finance England, in complicated situations;
- advice for students who need to withdraw, suspend or repeat part of their studies advising on the implications on both current and future funding;
- advice for students experiencing problems with debt;
- advice on welfare benefits;
- one-to-one sessions for students who are experiencing problems budgeting their money;
- financial capability events and workshops to highlight sensible spending.
We are based on the ground floor of the Student Services Centre, if you would like advice or support on any of the above please call in to see us between 9am – 4pm Monday – Friday.
Student Administration and Support